Description of Senior Director Information Technology - Physician Practice
Senior Director Information Technology - Physician Practice
New Jersey/New York NY
DESCRIPTION: We have been retained by a prominent New York/New Jersey based Academic Medical Center to locate a Senior Director, Information Technology for their large Physician Practice, with billing in excess of $500 million. The successful candidate will provide oversight of the technical and analytics teams. He/she will provide leadership, collaboration and architectural guidance in creating and maintaining a data analytics platform that meets the practice’s analytical and reporting needs in a rapidly evolving and complex healthcare marketplace. He/she will oversee the day to day operations of the analytics platform including vendor management as well as the production of scheduled reporting to ensure that data feeds to the platform (ETL and others) are complete and accurate in all respects. This role will report to the CIO and work closely with the Chief Medical Information Officer, Revenue Operations, Clinical Operations and the Quality Department to ensure the analytics platform provides the current and future informational needs for all constituencies across the organization. The ideal candidate is an individual that embodies a “can do” attitude with a proven track record of solving complex problems with simple solutions whenever possible.
EXPERIENCE: Minimum Required Qualifications:
• BA/BS degree in Informatics, Information Systems, Business Administration or related field required coupled with proven progressive related experience.
• Extensive experience with healthcare financial and clinical data warehouse creation and support working with Physician Billing.
• Extensive experience with IBM Cognos web based applications.
• Minimum of five years successfully managing data analytics and data warehouse teams.
• Experience with Practice Management and Clinical computer systems and the ETL process.
• Knowledge of healthcare financial Key Performance and Operational Indicators (KPI/KOI).
• Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form. This position requires the ability to interact positively, constructively and effectively with employees and professional staff.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills are required as is the ability to educate all levels of professional staff on the data analytics platform and its capabilities.
• Experience with GE Centricity Business (IDX) and Allscripts Enterprise EHR applications and database software in the healthcare environment.
• Experience working in a large academic medical center.
• Master’s Degree or advanced study in Healthcare, Informatics or Information Technology.
• Prior experience with Cognos support, maintenance and upgrades.
• Successful rollout of distributed dashboards and reports using industry leading tools and applications.
• Experience with or knowledge of OMOP Common Data Model.